Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Here's A Worthwhile Cause!

Caitlyn Arnold an eleven year old girl from Eastland has started a fund raising drive for the leukemia research department at MD Anderson Hospital in Houston Texas. She is asking for every Texan to send her one penny. When was the last time anyone asked you for ONLY ONE penny?

There are around 20,851,820 people in Texas. If half of the people in Texas sent me one penny, we could give MD Anderson $104,259.10.


I have spoken with M.D. Anderson. They are aware of my fundraiser. I have started collecting from my family and friends. I have written down all their names in a spiral notebook to send with the final amount so they can see all the people that are willing to help their cause. This is what I am asking from the wonderful people of Texas. Please send me one penny (more if you would like) in an envelope with your first and last name to the following address: Fundraiser, 209 S. Virginia Ave. , Eastland, Texas 76448


You can get more on the story here, http://www.reporternews.com/news/2008/oct/02/donate-pennies-to-leukemia-fundraiser/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment