Saturday, December 03, 2005

Turning back the clock.

Most of my adult life I've been listening to mostly Rock music, some Jazz, a little blues, and sometimes a little new country, but recently I've rediscovered The great Statler Brothers. Listening to their music brings me back to the days of sitting in my grandmothers kitchen watching her cook, playing in the creek behind our house, and just remembering the days when things were simpler.
Sure as children we have less to worry about but I also think that back then even the adults had less to worry about than we do now. Back then my parents didn't have to worry about where I was after school. Heck as long as I was home before dark and supper was on the table I never heard my mother say, "Stay where I can keep an eye on you." Of course we were better kids back then too, I mean if we weren't...hooo boy, we got it.
Sometimes I think life would be so much nicer if I could just do away with the computers, the TV, the cell phone and answering machine, you know, all the major comforts of today's society. Course then, the worlds problems would still be there, I just wouldn't hear about them.
I sure miss those days, Thank you Statler Brothers for helping me get back there, if only for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment